Terms & Conditions
- NannyPaye is the trading name of Domestic Tax Ltd – company reg no: 4221878. NannyPaye acts in the capacity of “payroll agent” on behalf of subscribers to its service. As “payroll agent”, NannyPaye is not a party to any employment arrangement entered into between a subscriber and their employee and is thus not responsible for payment of any statutory liability that may arise as a consequence of such an arrangement.
- All NannyPaye subscriptions will run for a specified period, normally twelve tax months and at least six tax months, from the first tax week or tax month of tax records kept on behalf of a subscriber. One annual subscription covers payroll for twelve tax months for one employee, or any number of single employees employed consecutively over a twelve tax month period. One month is considered ‘one monthly payslip’, therefore if two consecutive nannies both receive a payslip in the same month, this is considered as two months for invoicing purposes. Where a subscriber joins NannyPaye with retrospective employment liability to be calculated and declared, the subscription period will be backdated to the start of the period in question. Where the backdated period is more than twelve months duration an additional annual subscription (or subscriptions, if more than twenty four months) will be requested.
- Where information concerning changes in employment arrangements are provided late by a subscriber, and especially where this results in a significant amount of extra work for NannyPaye (eg. in amending client records, reissuing payslips or resubmitting statutory forms to the HM Revenue& Customs), NannyPaye reserves the right to shorten the period of a client’s subscription, at its discretion, to cover the additional work involved, or to charge an additional fee for this work.
To the best of our knowledge, NannyPaye operates the most generous refund policy of any nanny payroll provider. Where a subscriber ceases to require the NannyPaye payroll service before their annual 12-month pre-paid subscription period has expired, they will be entitled to a subscription refund, upon request. Our refund policy offers all clients a pro rata refund of fees paid in excess of a minimum subscription or resubscription period of the first/next six months. For example, if a subscriber pays for an initial or repeat 12-month annual subscription any months not used beyond the first/next six will be refunded. NannyPaye does not offer any refund under any circumstance against the NannyPaye pension service fees.
- In the event of a dispute arising between a subscriber and their employee, NannyPaye will act on our subscriber’s instructions. However, factual payroll information will not be unreasonably withheld from an employee who has, in any case, a statutory right to access to their PAYE records. NannyPaye also reserves the right to advise a subscriber that their proposed course of action in a dispute is in breach of their statutory obligations as an employer, and to refuse to carry out any such instructions from a subscriber if this is the case.
- NannyPaye will not bear any responsibility for HM Revenue penalties or interest charges that may arise as a consequence of failure on a subscriber’s part to make income tax or National Insurance liability payments due by dates advised by either NannyPaye or HM Revenue & Customs, or as a consequence of failure to make information available to NannyPaye which would affect or delay the submission to the HM Revenue & Customs of statutory returns by due dates.
- NannyPaye will not bear any responsibility for additional tax and National Insurance liabilities which may arise as a consequence of a subscriber agreeing to pay a net wage to their employee where variations in the employee’s personal tax code from the standard single person’s tax allowance in any given tax year may result in the subscriber incurring additional liability to that which would have been incurred had a gross wage been agreed.
- NannyPaye will not bear any responsibility for unexpected PAYE liabilities which may arrise should the tax code applied to your payroll be incorrect for any reason. It is the responsibilty of the employee to ensure the tax code shown on their payslip is correct which can be verified with HM Revenue & Customs by the employee at any time.
- NannyPaye will not accept liability for overpayment or underpayment of wages incurred as result of an error in processing a client’s specified wage for any period from the date that a first payslip for a full period of a week or month at the newly instructed rate is sent to the subscriber. It is each subscriber’s responsibility to check payslips received from NannyPaye to ensure that the specific net pay or gross pay sum they have stipulated is shown on the first full week or full month payslip provided.
- NannyPaye will not bear any responsibility for HM Revenue & Custom penalties or interest charges which may arise as a result of employment arrangements existing prior to a subscriber joining NannyPaye or for retrospective liability due or the consequences of late-filing a declaration of retrospective liability where NannyPaye was joined after the due date.
- While NannyPaye will make every effort to make subscribers aware of the tax/NI implications of their proposed or actual employment arrangements under the PAYE system, NannyPaye will not bear any responsibility for liabilities that may arise out of a subscriber’s unfamiliarity with or lack of understanding of how the PAYE system works in terms of their own particular employment arrangements. NannyPaye will not be held responsible for any additional tax/NI liability incurred as a consequence of failure to follow advice given by NannyPaye to a subscriber.
- NannyPaye reserves the right to alter, amend and reissue the terms and conditions under which it provides its service in the light of changes in UK or EEC tax or employment law or in the light of issues that arise in the course of providing a service to its subscribers.
- NannyPaye will not accept liability for the consequences of any advice from NannyPaye given or omitted in error.
- NannyPaye will not accept liability for any consequences arising from the failure of NannyPaye to receive information from a subscriber or of a subscriber to receive information from NannyPaye as a result of a failure of the postal system. Subscribers are strongly advised to contact NannyPaye if information they are expecting from NannyPaye has not been received within ten working days of it being due – unless they have already been advised by NannyPaye of a longer timeframe or of specific reasons for such a delay.
- All invoices are due for payment within 30 days of the original invoice being issued. NannyPaye reserves the right to withdraw service from any client with an outstanding invoice and shall not be liable for any penalties imposed by HM Revenue & Customs or the Pensions Regulator as a result of our withdrawal of service.
- NannyPaye may cancel the contract at any time by giving to the client not less than three months’ notice in writing.
- Domestic Tax Ltd, trading as NannyPaye, is registered with HMRC under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007,and is required to, and will comply with all legislation and appropriate guidelines designed to combat money laundering activity, the funding of terrorist or criminal activity in the jurisdictions in which it operates. NannyPaye is required under the rules of the HMRC and the provisions of the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 to verify the identification of its client. For this purpose you agree to provide the documents and information that may be required to comply with the company’s procedures.